Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR fortran/38883: Fix MVBITS for subcomponent-references

Daniel Kraft wrote:
Hi Paul,

Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
Your patch is fine - OK for trunk.

thanks for the prompt review! I didn't have any regressions for my test, either.

You might consider the variant that I have attached, which regtests
and bootstraps OK, and the alternative testcase below.

Whichever you choose to implement, note the removal of the now
redundant 'block' and the change to the comment.

Your version looks nice, but seems to simple; and the new test mvbits_8.f90 in the patch attached really makes it ICE, so I went for my solution together with the comment change and removal of block, as well as your test as second one.

Find attached what I'm going to commit if a new regression-test for the final version does not produce any errors.

Committed as rev. 143707.

Daniel

--
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz