Re: Test coverage for gcc/fortran/simplify.c ?

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 08:25:57AM -0700, Kaveh Ghazi wrote:
> How much test coverage does the gcc/fortran/simplify.c module have in our
> testsuite?  I'm especially interested in folding for complex functions like
> cos(a+bi) et al. where a and b are constants.  If someone could point me at
> the testcases I'd very much appreciate it, grep didn't narrow it down very
> much.

Kaveh,

Much of simplify.c worked when it was originally imported.  This
occurred before gfortran.dg started to be populated.  Most testcases
are from bug fixes, so I suspect that there is very limited testing
designed specifically for the complex intrinsic routines.  There is
limited testing in

gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/{specifics.f90,math.f90,power.f90}
gfortran.dg/g77/f90-intrinsic-mathematical.f
gfortran.dg/g77/f90-intrinsic-numeric.f

Certainly, none of the above code is very thorough.

--
Steve