Re: Undefined symbols: ...from: _main in libgfortranbegin.a(fmain.o)

Margaret Doll wrote:
> Please email me back at margaret_doll@brown.edu
>
> I have recently installed gfortran on a couple of Intel Macs running
> 10.5.6.  The developer's tools were installed on both.
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> gfortran TailSum.f -o tailsum
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_MAIN__", referenced from:
>       _main in libgfortranbegin.a(fmain.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It seems that you don't have a Fortran main program, the one which begins
(since 30 years ago) with
   PROGRAM yourprogram

or, if you do, some error has prevented it from compiling correctly.
If you were making only an object file, for use in some other program, you
 would need -c option.