Re: iso_varying_string regression needs high priority

Dear Jerry,

> I will take care of this today.

Many thanks, Jerry.

Note the update of the patch to remove an extraneous section
associated with experiments to fix PR38471.  I have decided that it
would be too invasive to fix this now and will wait until the
array_descriptor upgrade. Instead, I will concentrate on PR38538, for
which I now have a correct patch, and PR34955, which I know how to
fix.  These will appear in the next few days - hopefully, I will have
figured out how to log on to Tobias' computer (I do not have even ssh
on the laptop that I am using because I do not have administrator's
rights.) - bah! humbug!

Greetings of the season to everyone!

Paul