Re: gfortran nightly builds / i686 nightly build

Dennis Wassel wrote:
> Do you know about the (unofficial) TDM gcc builds? It also features a
> (very brief) howto on how the releases are built:
> http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

I didn't but they don't offer trunk builds. (I have not looked at the
build instructions.)

> Talking of mingw: I feel that we[1] should take action to have the
> MinGW guys finally endorse the GCC 4 release officially; it's
> something about too many regressions, but maybe there is room for
> discussion.
I have not followed MinGW closely, but I had the impression that there
is (slow) progress to GCC4; there are also GCC4 builds available for
MinGW and MinGW64 on the official site. Aaron W. LaFramboise (Google
Summer of Code 2008) also worked on GCC while being at the same time a
MinGW maintainer and also Danny Smith works on Cygwin/MinGW and is a GCC
maintainer. - As a non-Windows user, I'm a bit out of touch with
Windows, but I had the impression many gfortran users are using Windows
(and only few developers do so.)

Aaron has written a couple of Wiki pages about GCC+Windows, e.g.
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/WindowsBuilding which is about (native)
bootstrapping GCC (MinGW) on Windows. I don't know how far it helps.

Tobias