Re: -fdefault-integer-8 again!-(

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 01:05:23PM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Dominique,
>      I don't see how anyone could object to patches for testcases that make
> them robust in the case of -fdefault-real-8. It's just that the gfortran
> maintainers don't have time for that themselves.
>                    Jack

Jack,

1) I'm not a gfortran maintainer.

2) I don't have commit access to the source code.

3) Do these changes cause a different code path to be followed
   through the compiler?  Someone needs to do the checking,
   and it appears you want the gfortran maintainers to do this
   for you.  That isn't how things work.

4) How many years have you been hovering above gfortran (and gcc)
   without actually contributing to its development?  It's a
   rhetorical question because fortran/ChangeLog has revealed the
   answer.  If you are so concerned about ppc-darwin, you've had
   ample time to read K&R or H&S to become sufficiently versed in
   C to actually contribute.  Quite frankly your incessant yammering
   that ppc-darwin is broken without showing the least bit of effort
   to help fix the problem has become nothing but a drone on deaf ears.

Don't bother responding.  Jack meet SpamAssassan.  SpamAssassin meet Jack.

--
Steve