Re: Parentheses expressions as actual arguments of elemental procedures

Mikael,

With the patch in

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2008-11/txt00003.txt

the original test for pr35681 and variants work without regression.

> Now it's working with operators.
> Still to be worked on: vector subscripts, functions and
> array-constructors as actual argument.

I have some tests with vector subscripts of the kind
'call foobar (y(1), y)' or 'call nonassign (x(2:3), x(1:2))' that do not
generate temporaries with the above patch while they did with the patch in

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2008-11/txt00001.txt

I think these cases are invalid, but that creating temporaries for them
won't hurt.  However, unless you have example(s) of valid cases, this
should probably not delay the fix for the valid cases.

I don't understand what you mean by "functions and array-constructors".
Could you give some examples?

Thanks for the patches.

Dominique