Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 36322/36463

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:26:31PM +0100, Janus Weil wrote:

> Actually I didn't give too much thought to whose name I'd be putting
> into the testcases. And now that I do I'm still not quite sure who
> would most deserve it.
>
> I think the original test case on c.l.f. (which triggered both PRs,
> but is still not fully fixed) was posted by James van Buskirk. Then
> both Tobias and Dominique did contribute reduced or modified versions
> of the original. And I think the two testcases included in the patch I
> have mostly written myself (at least that's what I think, correct me
> if I'm wrong). That's probably why I used my own name. Of course the
> interfaces are the heart of the test case, and they are basically
> copied from the original code.
>
> So what do you suggest who deserves the 'fame'? (Probably James van
> Buskirk, I'd think.)
>
> Anyway I don't think there is all that much fame and glory in a test
> case, and I really don't care whose name we put there. I just thought
> it's convential to put in some name, so that one knows who to
> ask/blame in case there is some problem with the test case or
> whatever.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the 'contributed by' line. In any
> case I surely didn't want to offend or irritate anyone.

Most of the test cases that I wrote have no attribution.  Others
simply point to the PR.  In your case, for codes derived from
James' code, you can do

! Original code provided by James van Buskirk.
! Reduced testcase contributed by Tobias Burnus.

or some such attribution if you can determine the lineage.

--
Steve