Re: PR 36322/36463

>   type(C_FUNPTR) fp
>                1
> Error: Derived type 'c_funptr' at (1) is being used before it is defined

Yeah, I have also noticed this. There are a few more formal errors in
the program, which can easily be fixed.

> If I comment 'private' of if I uncomment the 'use ISO_C_BINDING' in
> the program, the error disappears. I have no idea if this the way it
> is supposed to work: does 'private' prevent 'ISO_C_BINDING' to be
> associated in the program?

I guess the 'private' implies that the modules that are used by
other_fun are not automatically available in a program that uses
other_fun.

At least this is my naive guess without having checked it in the standard.

Cheers,
Janus