This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: PR 36322/36463
- From: "Paul Richard Thomas" <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: "Janus Weil" <jaydub66 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, mikael dot morin at tele2 dot fr
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:34:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR 36322/36463
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ADK8pNWexrsDEQzW4njiXLiVw1FFe9xLcm85UnuwhmA=; b=IGa+qj2TXbJIXgRiJoqIuHm4Ehzi5qQcl8GvhFuhjS65wjVmFPD9yE3vGMqjVlj6K/ IpQeo7XydK3Lm8PIRhvtCYzsjKRqHTeZj8vcYU5NSE44PWKUDDy48xLSDMFZ7eLeEoTl kMjp1E0q5x2x0rR04/GN4zfseRzG7eiYQLfE4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=Sq43/4G0aETyskvKDtJ1R5vnyPwrGM5XpgEXGISPGb/qxs0KhD1XHH6WG0M+PXFnMY ad0zFLYAycNxfZ0PdYxbP/L7kaWOJ0Bh9ZR7jcb22rI9QDXRtsGnCeD49Tq7zQTD8wwM /vcngRlsV3R8dLaYpCsZ4Khtz5OgEZc5F00PA=
- References: <126D8D60-04F9-44F1-AB3B-6C4EF5CC899C@gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> So: The working call inside p looks as expected, while the failing one
> in gp has an additional parameter "..__result". The question is just
> how and why this gets there. If anybody has some thoughts on this
> please let me know ...
This is usually and, almost certainly, here as well due to the
interface not being mapped. The symbol that has been used for the
character length in the procedure call is that in the procedure itself
- ie. the formal argument has been used, rather than its mapping onto
the actual arguments. When the interface is use associated, it works,
apparently, whereas it does not work when host associated.
I have not been following your patch and so cannot from this position
comment more. However, I would hazard a guess that the right formal
namespace is not being found.
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy