Re: [patch,libgfortran] PR37707 Namelist read of array of derived type incorrect - round 2

> I am hesitating to commit this patch for fear that there may be a lot of legacy namelist code that has non-delimited
> character strings in it. Does anyone have any experience with that and real world code?

I don't have "any experience with that and real world code?"
however it is my understanding that non-delimited character strings
are not standard conforming. Considering the significant simplification
of the code in the proposed patch, I think the patch could be committed
now. If nobody complain, it will means that the extension to non-delimited
character strings is not necessary. If someone complains, then it will be
time to ask how difficult it is for him/her/them to make the code standard
conforming.

Anyway, adding such an extension would require some thinking about which
non-delimited strings will be accepted and which will not. In addition
I think the compilation with -std=f* should yield a run time error when
possible. I also think the extension should be delayed to 4.5.

Just my 1c contribution.

Dominique