Re: Bug status and Stage 3

>Dear All,
>
>I had a dip into the co-array proposal today.  This looks like quite a
>lot of work, although it would be very worthwhile.
>
>Sometime soon we are going to have to have a #gfortranconference to
>decide our priorities for gcc-4.5.

If my user perspective is of any help, I would say that jumping onto
this part of the Fortran 2008  standard BEFORE having the bulk of
Fortran 2003 done, makes no sense.
Indeed I am rather surprised that the committee included substantial new
features at a time when no fully compliant F2003 compiler is available
(IIRC we now have XLF 12 essentially complete, but it's only been out
for what? A couple months?); had it been me, I would only have
sanctioned submodules (which where a TR and an extension of concepts
already in).
BTW, this is not to say that co-array are not interesting; they are, but
I have seen too many attempts at defining "THE" parallel extension for
"THE" programming language to take them at face value, much less
throwing substantial resources at them right now.

Just my .02€

Salvatore