Re: PR 36322/36463

> Note: Fortran 2008 only allows recursive I/O which goes to another unit, ...

This works also with Darwin.

> Regarding printing an error, this would be possible at run time with
> some -fcheck-recusive-IO.

This is what xlf does (without option AFAIK).

> Still, it would be interesting why it causes problems under Darwin but
> not under Linux.

Yes indeed! but under pr30617. My point here was that the testsuite should
be standard conforming if there is no compelling reason to do otherwise.

BTW the patch passed the test suite without regression on intel/darwin.

Dominique