Re: Query regarding fortran compiler

Himal,

You have reached the list for the development of gfortran, which is a
fortran 95 compiler.  It is part of the GNU gcc suite of compilers.
gfortran is perfectly happy with fortran 77 because it is a subset of
fortran 95.

You will find a binary download and instructions for OS X at the
gfortran wiki. http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

>    I am new to Macintosh system. I want to have a fortran 77 compiler with which i can do programming. I am using a Mac OSX ver 10.5.4. Can you people please tell me how to get a free fortran compiler from the net. And also how to install it.

Paul