Re: New loop optimizations in gfortran 4.4

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Paul Richard Thomas
<paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Harald,
>
>> Assuming that the Graphite framework supports such
>> constraints (in principle), are there any (long term)
>> plans to implement similar compiler directives in the
>> gcc collection and in particular in gfortran?
>
> We discussed it very briefly on the list a few months ago but came to
> no conclusion as to who, when and how.
>
> Perhaps, Richard, you can give us a timescale on which it would be
> sensible to start gearing up for Graphite?  I have to confess to
> thinking about reworking trans-array.c with a bit of a shudder:-)

I guess you refer to the middle-end array expression work, which is as far
as I understand something different from what Harald wants.  Harald
seems to want to annotate loops with instructions for the high level
loop optimizers much like OpenMP annotations.  As for the middle-end
array expression stuff I hope to move the existing code to tuples soon ...

Richard.