Re: /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

Brian Dessent wrote:

> Brian Dessent wrote:
>
>> That's a fair complaint I suppose.  But the plumbing of the build
>
> I forgot to mention:
>
> This seems like a legitimate enhancement request, so if you feel
> strongly about it file a PR for it.  The number of times that people ask
> this question on gcc-help is strong evidence that it's a common mistake:
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=site:gcc.gnu.org+inurl:ml+inurl
%22gcc-help%22+%22stubs-32.h%22+%22No+such+file+or+directory%22&num=100&filter=0>

> Brian

I don't think it is a matter of popular vote. If it is, they would have
fixed it by now. It is probably a difficult technical problem as you were
pointing out.

If someone feels strongly about it and complains about it in the bugzilla,
then the usual reply in the free software world is 'go, do it yourself' and
then a lecture about how free software works, advantages of open source,
what GPL/ means etc., I have been (burned) through that route many times.
So, now a days, I have curtailed myself in making these "feature requests".
Since I do not have the technical knowledge to fix this bug/issue I will
let some other expert to file it.

I am not saying that all projects are like that or all the maintainers are
like that. But many of them have fixed opinions on how things should be and
are not willing to budge/change. One should be ready to argue with the
maintainers endlessly to get these "feature requests" implemented.

This is why I resort to mailing lists for help instead of filing complaints
on bugzilla etc.,. Here in the mailing lists we see a user's perspective as
well as a developer's perspective. We fix the compilation problem/find a
work around and save the time spent on endless/pointless debates.

just my 2 cents
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi