Re: Procedure Pointer Components

Hi Janus,

> Now I'm not really sure how to solve this properly (since I don't have
> a lot of experience in dealing with namespaces). Any hints would be
> greatly appreciated.

I'm probably the wrong one, here, too. At least for trans, I've never worked with namespaces so far...

Some comments to your patch from a read-through, although surely not everything worth mentioning:

+gfc_symtree*
+gfc_find_ppc (gfc_symbol* derived, gfc_try* t,
+			 const char* name, bool noaccess)
+{

Looks as if indentation got wrong, probably by the mailer though.

+ /* Check for C450. */

If possible, I'd try to spell this out briefly. "C450" means nothing to me without looking up the standard...

-----

It seems that you do no special trans'ing of PPC calls at the moment but rely on the usual trans of c->resolved_sym. I've not really an idea about how this works/should work, but this seems to be the problem of your link-time error. I would expect that this tries to call a symbol "ppc" directly, rather than calling via indirection through a function-pointer.

I would try to add a new trans method for PPC calls that does this, i.e. generate a call to a function-pointer. But I don't really know if there's even something like this... I just expect it to be like that from my expectation that "GIMPLE is nearly C" :D If that assumption is wrong, I've *really* no idea what the problem could be ;)

That's so far everything I came across, probably not much really constructive...

Yours,
Daniel

--
Done:     Arc-Bar-Cav-Sam-Val-Wiz, Dwa-Elf-Gno-Hum-Orc, Law-Neu-Cha, Fem-Mal
To go:    Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri-Ran-Rog-Tou