Re: RFC legacy support for array constructor with different string lengths

> Does it make sense to think about supporting it as legacy extension
> (e.g. combined with printing a default warning)?

Although I don't see it as a "legacy extension", but as a too strong constraint in the standard,
why not? with a very low priority.  If it is supported, it's behavior should be clearly defined:
for instance in

print *, ['YEAR', 'COMPCODE', 'RECEPTYPE', 'NCOLS', 'NROWS']

I assume that the extension makes sense only if the constructor uses the length of the longest
string (less surprising effect), but it will probably simpler to implement if it uses the length
of the first string.

Cheers

Dominique