This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [RFC] I/O of arrays with 7 < rank <= 15
- From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:24:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] I/O of arrays with 7 < rank <= 15
- References: <488CB418.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 19:44 +0200, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Ideas? Or have I missed something and there is not problem in terms of
Yes, this would break compatibility, so let's not do it for now.
We'll have to break compatibility eventually, because our current array
descriptor system is flawed - we would be better off using bytes,
and there's always PR 35718.
This is something for 4.5, not for right before stage 2.