Re: Scalarization of finalization of derived-type components

Daniel Kraft wrote:
but according to PR 29785 this is only allowed if the target has rank 1; what I wanted to do is to point an arbitrary rank pointer to a target of the same arbitrary rank,
I believe this constraint is gone in Fortran 2008. At least I cannot find it anymore in 7.2.2.2:

Fortran 2003 & Fortran 2008:
"C719 If bounds-remapping-list is specified, the number of bounds-remappings shall equal the rank of data-pointer-object."

Fortran 2003:
"C720 If bounds-remapping-list is specified, data-target shall have rank one; otherwise, the ranks of data-pointer-object and data-target shall be the same."

Fortran 2008:
"C720 If bounds-remapping-list is not specified, the ranks of data-pointer-object and data-target shall be the same."

Tobias