Re: benchmarking.

On 14 Jun 2008, at 21:18, Tobias Schlüter wrote:

IainS wrote:
hi,
Is there a gfortran preferred or standard performance benchmark suite?

gfortran is regularly tested with the Polyhedron benchmark suite <http://polyhedron.com/polyhedron_benchmark_suite0html> and with the SPEC fp benchmark suites <http://www.spec.org/>.

Are you planning to do tests in unusual environments? Please let us know your results.

Systems are not that unusual (PPC64/Quad - PPC/Dual - Core Duo).
I've been working on a patch to implement the static linking of the fortran lib on darwin (which is complete, bar testing in a wider variety of situations).
In principle, the static linked lib should (potentially) be slightly higher performance - I was interested to know if there was a formal way to test this.

thanks for the links,
Iain