Re: Congratulations on GNU Fortran 4.3

I wrote:

I want to congratulate all that have contributed to make GNU Fortran 4.3 an excellent compiler.

I also wanted to wait until 4.3.1 to see how many bug fixes went in :-)

I think - by now - we can call GNU Fortran a Fortran 95 (plus TR 15581) conformant compiler. Of course there are bugs, so have other compilers.

I just realized that this (and other achievements) could be very well be used in the GCC Summit report of the Steering Committee.

So if you have material that would enable me to proclaim: During the "'07-'08" the following milestones have been reached, due to work by those Fortran volunteers ...

I would welcome input (if no one has time to do this, I'll just use the report linked to below - it being limited to January 2008).

Thanks,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/