The size of thread level storage under OpenMP.

Jakub,

I have an OpenMP enabled Fortran program that dies a quick death when compiled with -fopenmp (it shortly runs with 172 % CPU as evidenced by 'top' on this quad core Debian machine). I presume that a limited amount of thread local storage might be a problem (the person who's most knowledgable about the OpenMP coding of this application tells me he had a hard time limiting it - it might well run into tens of megabytes).

Is there a way to specify the maximum TLS size ? If so, how (I couldn't find anything in the 4.3.0 GNU Fortran manual, nor the OpenMP 2.5 Standard) ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/