Re: PING: [patch, fortran] PR 27997: Implement F2003-style array constructor with typespec

FX wrote:
Some of these fail on x86_64-pc-mingw32:
ping..

I was waiting for Daniel to look through it, as he's also working on another patch. A quick look shows that all tests fail due to errors similar to:

/tmp/build/gcc-svn/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/array_constructor_type_5.f03:12:
Warning: Nonconforming tab character at (1)

There indeed appears to be tabs in some of these testcases. As Daniel
had a good testcase (he didn't see the failure), I think the diff or
his mailer screwed it (that has happened in the past). Another
possibility, which has (I think) happened to a lot of us in the past
is the deadly combination below:
  - make your patch & regtest it, it goes fine
  - write your testcases outside gfortran.dg (or after regtesting),
and run them manually: they go fine
These testcases might still fail when run in the testsuite framework,
because the testsuite is compiled with the -pedantic option...

Daniel, please make sure to check what's the issue, and if it's none
of the two above, we'll investigate ;-)

Hi, sorry for the delay, I was not sure what exactly I was expected to do here as this was for mingw and I don't have easy access to a Windows system and the like.

I did run the tests through the framework, so this is not the problem. I'm not sure about tab-characters in the patch; shouldn't there be any? (Are they disallowed in Fortran for indentation or something like this?)

What I did do was replacing every eight spaces indentation by tabs as I was told this is the way to go for GCC source; or should I do this only for real C sources and not for testcases?

If this is not the problem, I'll look into it and hopefully someone can help me out with his experience what the difference from GNU/Linux to MinGW could do...

Yours,
Daniel

--
Done:     Bar-Sam-Val-Wiz, Dwa-Elf-Hum-Orc, Cha-Law, Fem-Mal
Underway: Ran-Gno-Neu-Fem