Re: Procedure Pointers: a first patch

Tobias,

Thanks:

>  r133958 | fxcoudert | 2008-04-06 14:17:33 +0200 (So, 06 Apr 2008) | 13 lines
>
>         * dump-parse-tree.c: Use fprintf, fputs and fputc instead of
>         gfc_status and gfc_status_char. Remove gfc_ prefix of the gfc_show_*
>         functions and make them static. Add new gfc_dump_parse_tree
>         function.

I'll devise something (better?) to replace them.

>  > > For your test case, otoh, I get an ADDR_EXPR on the rhs

Yes, of course - the pointer assignment does that.

With respect to the passing of a procedure reference as an assignment;
I meant to track that through to find out what the actual and dummy
argument symbols have that permit them to function correctly.  The
actual argument is a variable expression and yet it gets handled
correctly.  It's easier on the "little grey cells" to follow the front
end and copy that - although, doing it from first principles is more
virtuous!

I'll take a look at this a bit later on today.

Cheers

Paul