Re: [Patch, libgfortran] PR 25561 Part 0.9/2 Get rid of alloc stream

I wrote:

> What about functions which return a variable number of characters?
> LEN_TRIM comes to mind, as do functions returning allocatable strings
> in F2003.

s/LEN_TRIM/TRIM/

... or what about

character(len=10000) a
a = ' '
i = 23.
write (*,'(A)') a(1:some_fun(i))

For reverse tabbing to work, especially when writing to a
non-seekable device we will probably have to use a buffer
of RECL size, and supply a reasonable RECL if none is
specified.