Re: Interoperability with C int128_t type?

FX Coudert <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote on 03/19/2008 03:19:41 PM:

> > Where should the standard be checked? In gfc_find_symtree() where the
> > c_int128_t or other symbols are resolved?
>

> Look at all places (3 of them, IIRC) where iso-c-binding.def is
> included.

Why should we check the standard at the places where iso-c-binding.def is
included? These are only about initialization of the types.
For example if the user specifies -std=f2003 but doesn't use c_int128_t
type in his program, the standard get checked in symbol.c where
iso-c-binding.def is included to generate symbols for the binding types,
the user will then receive an error message "Extension: c_int128_t ..."
even if he's now aware about this type.
I suppose it should be checked where the symbol is detected in source
program.

Thanks!
Sa