Re: strange error with private in modules: Unresolved fixup

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 11:22:23PM +0000, FX Coudert wrote:

> Hard to tell without looking at the code, really. It's a hard error deep
> down inside the guts of the module files reader, so the only thing we can
> tell you is that it's definitely a gfortran bug. I don't remember having
> seen it before (and, if it had been reported, it's been top of the list
> in bugzilla). Please open a PR when you get a testcase you feel
> comfortable posting.

OK, I have isolated the problem and it looks as if it is probably with either
me or the hdf5 library. The following code causes the problem (the hdf5 module
is from the hdf5 library):

    module module
        use hdf5
        implicit none
        private
    end module module

    program test_mod
        use module
    end program test_mod

It fails with both hdf5-1.6.6 and 1.8.0, both of which I compiled with the
same gcc and gfortran version as I am using. The problem goes away if I either
remove the private statement in the module or also include the hdf5 module in
the program itself. It also does not occur with intel ifort (with teh hdf5
library compiled with it).

Maybe I am getting mis-understanding something? Or is there actually a bug
somewhere? Anyway, thaks for a ny help, though I think bringing the whole hdf5
library into this is trouble :)

Thanks,
John