Re: [RFA:] PR35293 and testsuite: don't run tests using truncation on targets without support

FX Coudert wrote:
I guess that was for the test-cases and that I should wait for
a >= testsuite maintainer approval for the
lib/target-supports.exp effective_target_fd_truncate proc?

Indeed, approval by a testsuite maintainer is needed.

+# of unexpected failures 57

Great! Some of them seem to be related to REWIND, is that a problem with the lack of lseek()?

Thanks,
FX

Quite a few look related to file positioning in general which would imply seek related. They could also be flush related since in a lot of these test cases we move past buffer limits and then back again and if you don't flush it you will lose it.

Maybe I should get this CRIS emulation set up on my x86-64. It would give me an opportunity to see first hand. Hans-Peter, is this difficult to set up?

Jerry