Re: Link issue and other issues...

David Highley wrote:
> "Jerry DeLisle wrote:"
>> David Highley wrote:
>>> Trying to use the g77 3.3.3 compiler in a Cygwin environment to build
>>> some old Fortran code. Have a few issues. The biggest being entry point
>>> names and where the underscore characters are added.
Aside from the problem that no one supports g77, why don't you use at
least the current cygwin/mingw release of g77?

>>> Other issue was the keyword static which does not seem to be known by
>>> the compiler.
Do you mean static as in all variables default to SAVE, or static as in no
dynamic libraries?

>>> Last thing I ran into was the need to change:
>>> IF(VARIAB) to IF(VARIAB .NE. 0)
That wasn't Fortran, even if it worked in accordance with a DEC Fortran
extension.  If you're interested, you can find plenty of arguments posted
as to why g77 and gfortran don't support this.

>> Have you tried gfortran? g77 is not really supported any more.
>
> I see no package for gfortran in the latest Cygwin updates.
-mno-cygwin implies that you want the Mingw gfortran.  You can't expect to
find that in cygwin updates.  Check the gfortran wiki.