Re: [ping] unreviewed patches for 4.4

> PRs 31463,  33950, 34296 - fix inconsistent warnings if function
> return value is not set
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2008-01/msg00355.html

I think it would be good to hide them behind a warning option.
-Wreturn-type is probably the best choice among existing options,
although clearly not perfect. Maybe we should just bind it to -W or
-Wall?

My second concern is your use of TREE_NO_WARNING: if another,
unrelated warning is to be emitted about that function, my understand
is that TREE_NO_WARNING will kill it altogether. I'm trying to see if
there is a really-life situation where that might happen, but I'm
pretty confident there is. I can't access SVN from where I am, so I
can't check, but isn't there any other type of TREE_ macro that might
be more subtle? TREE_USED, maybe?

> Although neither is a regression, how about backport to 4.3.1?

Like Tobias, I'd prefer we don't. Less risky (in this case, admittedly
not much) and we keep developer time for mainline development.

--
FX Coudert
http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~uccafco/