Re: gfortran problem

Granville Sewell wrote:
I reported a problem with gfortran on my SUSE 10.1 Linux PC a few weeks
ago:

www.nabble.com/libfortran.so-problem-td14674463.html

So far no one seems to have figured out what is going on, and apparently
this problem was reported by someone else several months ago.  I tried
using the new gmp and mpfr libraries as suggested by Dominiq, but that
didn't help.  Anyone have any further ideas?

Thanks,

Granville Sewell

Granville,

Be assured you are not being ignored. (I did get sidetracked though) Have you tried building gfortran yourself from scratch? Maybe this is the way to do it for you.

Also, when building gmp and mpfr libraries you have to build twice. First time configure with --prefix pointing to your lib and specify -m32 with CCFLAGS (IIRC) then install it. Second time point --prefix to your lib64 and specify -m64, then make clean, make, and make install it again.

If you want to give gfortran build a go from scratch, I can send you my build scripts and directory structure. If we duplicate what I have, it should work.

Jerry