Re: Mainline is now regression and documentation fixes only

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 12:06 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> As we now reached the goal of less than 100 open serious regressions
> against GCC 4.3, we are as of now in regression and documentation fixes
> only mode.  This means that for patches going on the trunk the same
> rules as for release branches apply.

Is the following patch to fix PR 34814 which was posted shortly before
your announcement ok?  It has passed bootstrap and regtesting with
no errors and fixes test case gcc.target/powerpc/ppc32-abi-dfp-1.c.

It fixes an ABI issue with powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux regarding
SDmode parameters and return values.  The patch will allow us to mix
and match GCC compiled obj files with XL compiled obj files which is
already following the ABI.

I restricted the changes to the rs6000 port except for a couple of
additional target hooks which are nop's for non ppc targets and a simple
rename of one function to eliminate a symbol collision between
function.c:instantiate_decl and cp/pt.c:instantiate_decl().

Peter