Re: [Patch, fortran] PR34567 - A module name outside a module ?

Paul Thomas wrote:

Toon,
I've managed to get the bug reproduced with the test case in PR34567. I would be interested to know if you can reproduce it.

The fault is indeed a problem that I cause - the worst of it is that I even thought about it :-)

The testcase below encapsulates the problem, which I have been unable to reproduce in any other way: The second function foo has a symbol in it's own scope that does not have a module name. The mechanism to check if the renamed foo obliterates the old, should not act in this case. Thus, the check for the presence of the module name, which I already committed, is the correct fix and I will commit this testcase too.

Thanks for this analysis. It took me (not to mention my laptop) several hours to construct the testcase (if you look really hard, you can still see the fortran program I needed to trim the dependencies.inc file our dependency checking program created - from 7 Gbyte to ~ 100 Kbyte).

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/