Re: #ifdef USE_MAPPED_LOCATION

do all error messages have to support the above conditional or is one desired and the other no
longer used ?

USE_MAPPED_LOCATION is enabled by "configure --enable-mapped- location". It is supposed to be working fine (at least, Tom Tromey and I worked on it for the Fortran front-end a few months ago). IIRC, it should even be the default now, and the other alternative will be removed for 4.4. Tom, am I right?

FX