Re: ARM testsuite failures

gfortran has 7442 unexpected failures. Most of them are due to "test for
excess errors". Many are simply because of this:

| warning: 'const' attribute directive ignored
| warning: 'nothrow' attribute directive ignored

which seems to be mentioned in PR21185 (comment #20).  Is that problem
still on the radar of the gfortran developers?

I thought it was newlib-specific, and thus did not hurry too much (gfortran for newlib targets is currently not a high priority). Can you reduce one of these failures to a short example and file a PR (and CC me)? Is there something target-specific we should know about arm that could explain that kind of warnings?

But then we also have e.g.:

| gfortran.dg/PR19754_1.f90:7.7-12:
|    x = x + y ! { dg-error "Shapes for operands at" }
|      1    2
| Error: Shapes for operands at (1) and (2) are not conformable

That can't be a "test for excess error". This is perfectly normal: we are checking that an error is emitted and, apparently, it is. Are you sure this is what is failing? Could you post your testsuite log file (${builddir}/gcc/testsuite/gfortran/gfortran.log) somewhere or send it to us?

| access_spec_2.f90:9.13:
|  public :: x  ! { dg-error "was already specified" }
|             1
| Error: ACCESS specification at (1) was already specified

Same here

| access_spec_2.f90:18.19:
| integer, public :: y ! { dg-error "Fortran 2003: Attribute PUBLIC" }
| 1
| Error: Fortran 2003: Attribute PUBLIC at (1) in a TYPE definition

and there.

FX