Re: g77-gfortran

>  I was told that "gfortran -ff2c"
>  would generate compatible object code

Yes...

>  but someone tried compiling their
>  main program on a Linux (Fedora core 6) PC using "gfortran -ff2c" and
>  when they linked to my g77-compiled library they got the unresolved
>  externals below.

... but it does not provided the runtime library g77 object files
(i.e. your library) rely on. You need to link with the libg2c that
came with the compiler used to compile the library. And it will not
work if you have I/O to the same I/O unit from both the library and
the user code (it will usually work OK, though, for standard input and
output).

FX