Re: ASM allowed in Fortran? and OpenDir?

On 8/7/07, Christopher D. Rickett <crickett@lanl.gov> wrote:
> on my linux box, there is a dirent and a dirent64.  the dirent struct
> matches Tobias's, and when used in the modified version of his code, works
> as expected.  the dirent64 matches the definition provided by FX.  the
> user will probably need to figure out what their's is by looking in
> dirent.h.  of course, this is not the most portable way this could be
> done.

Most systems probably have both, dirent64 is used if LFS is enabled,
typically on Linux by compiling with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. See

http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

If one is interested in portability there are autoconf macros for
determining LFS support (AC_SYS_LARGEFILE) used e.g. by libgfortran.

--
Janne Blomqvist