Re: ICE seg fault

Hi,

Florian Ladstaedter wrote:
ok thanks a lot. I send you the output of valgrind -v and of gdb, in
case it already helps you. Although I guess you will need a piece of
code as well...? Still not sure how to extract the relevant pieces though.
I think we need a piece of code. The best way is to start deleting
function/subroutine bodies step by step and see whether it still gives
an ICE (if not use the editor's undo function and remove something else)
. Then deleting the functions itself etc. After one has reduced it, one
can start removing some of the used modules etc. Then one can put the
remaining modules in the same file and reduce them etc.
This unfortunately takes some time, but is usually easier than it sounds

I will try to do this as soon as I find time

You could also try to find out more about the expression. In gdb after
the segfault do:

p e->symtree
p e->where
p e->where->lb->file->filename
p e->where->lb->file->line

This should give some clue where it crashes.

hm:

0x08064563 in check_specification_function (e=<value optimized out>) at ../../gcc/gcc/fortran/expr.c:696
696 sym = e->symtree->n.sym;
(gdb) p e->symtree
Cannot access memory at address 0x28
(gdb) p e->where