Re: gfortran feature request: internal procedures as actual arguments

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 07:19:19AM +0200, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Steve,
>
> You beat me to it on the standard checking - I agree with what you say,
> expect...
> >
> >This is a violation of the standard, and I think gfortran should not
> >include the feature you request.  Of course, if someone wants to
> >implement the feature and contribute the code, then I won't oppose it.
> >
> I think that I probably would oppose it, unless that I could be
> convinced that it does not mess up function in-lining.  This is why the
> constraint is there, is it not?

Function in-lining is, of course, outside the standard.  But, internal
procedures are certainly amenable to in-lining.

The big nightmare I see is host association.  We would need to get this
right, and I'm not sure gfortranhas it correct at the moment.

--
Steve