Re: Question

Daniel Franke wrote:
> On Saturday 21 July 2007 22:59:43 John Eichler wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to get gfortran working on my machine and it seems
>> to compile a program okay but then ends saying:
>>
>> Undefined symbols:
>> __gfortran_store_exe_path
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?  What does this message mean and what action
>> should I take?

Shot in the dark: Do you have multiple versions of gfortran installed,
e.g. the system GCC and a newer version? __gfortran_store_exe_path is
used by the backtrace support of gfortran which was added to gfortran on
2007-03-15.
Nonetheless I don't see how this could be a problem.
__gfortran_store_exe_path is only called by the library which should
then contain it.
What puzzles me is the extra prefixing underscore: the gfortran.map file
contains only _gfortran_store_exe_path.

> To begin with, you didn't tell us which version you are using, which platform
> and whether you compiled the binaries yourself or got them from somewhere ;)
> If the latter, where did you get them from? Did you update recently?

Additional question (cf. above): Do you have also a gfortran system
compiler, e.g. /usr/bin/gfortran, or an other older version of gfortran
installed? Is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly set?

Tobias