Re: Difficulties compiling under Irix...

On 7/20/07, Philippe Schaffnit <P.Schaffnit@access.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
I guess this is more likely to be a general 'Gcc' thing rather than
GFortran, but I guess you can put me on the right track...

I think so too (crossposting to the gcc list).

Lately my builds under Irix have been failing with:

rm -f stage_current
make[3]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
Comparing stages 2 and 3
warning: ./cc1-checksum.o differs
Bootstrap comparison failure!
./fortran/trans-array.o differs
./build/genattrtab.o differs
./omega.o differs
./tree-cfg.o differs
make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Do anyone recognise that as something specific? Should I file a bug?

I didn't find anything like that in bugzilla, so I think a bug report is in order (I assume you have tested with a clean checkout etc. to make sure it's not due to some old junk lying around).

Or
start looking to pinpoint the culprit commit?

Given that so few (any?) developers use irix, I think finding the offending commit is your only hope if you want this fixed in a timely manner.

--
Janne Blomqvist