Re: Problem compiling NONMEM with mingw gfortran 4.3.0 builds

Hi,

Steve Chapel wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a Fortran program called NONMEM using mingw
> builds of gfortran. I have successfully built NONMEM using a mingw
> build of g77 2.95, and I'm looking for a more up-to-date version of
> the compiler to use. When I try the gfortran binaries available at
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinariesWindows>, I get errors at the
> link stage about undefined references to _fpreset, _fmode,
> __cpu_features_init, _gthread_mutex_unlock, and _CR_MT. Does anyone
> know why I might be getting these errors?
These are all libraries functions of either MingW or of Windows itself
(well, I could not find _CR_MT). Googling finds the following:

"This could be an outdated mingw version, a conflict in the compiler and
Win32 API libraries (that usually ship with MinGW) or simply a wrong
(incompatible) library. Did you overwrite / mix / extract manually some
libs into your (a wrong) MinGW folder?"

(I'm not sure whether this quote helps; maybe someone else here, who
uses Windows / the MingW builds, has an idea?)

> I'd actually rather use a stable build of gfortran than current
> development builds. Is there any chance of someone providing mingw
> binaries of gfortran 4.0.3
Definitely not for 4.0.x; gfortran was first included in 4.0 and all
4.0.x versions were still rough and buggy. Additionally, GCC does not
maintain 4.0.x anymore.
> or gfortran 4.1.2?
That would work, but I would recommend to use 4.2.x, which has many
Fortran improvements, is a stable version and already used as system
compiler of some Linux distributions.

As I don't have a working Windows, someone else has to build gfortran
4.2.x/Mingw ... FX?

Nonetheless, the developer version gfortran 4.3.x usually works and has
only rarely worse bugs than 4.2.x. (There are some/sometimes
regressions, though.)

Tobias