Re: Severe increase in compilation time with 4.3.0 20070615 on powerpc-apple-darwin7

On 7/15/07, Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq@lps.ens.fr> wrote:
> Btw, is this a compiler with checking enabled?

As fas as I can tell, yes.

> If so try comparing numbers with --enable-checking=release.

I am more interested to compare times rather than get the lowest possible
number.

Except the extra checking which was added by the Dataflow merge is known to be slow which is why you see the jump. This jump is not seen with --enable-checking=release which is the default for official releases of GCC.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski