Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR32611 Print sign of negative zero

Hi Jerry, hi Janne, hi all!

I have provided a compile time flag, -fsign-zero that enables the negative sign on zero values. This is the default behavior.
-fno-sign-zero disables the negative sign. Though probably never used, it is there for anyone who comes upon an old application where it might matter.
I plan to commit the patch today or tomorrow. The patch will include fixes for test cases already submitted in the first patch I gave in this thread.

I've sent my previous answer to your patch too fast, and after that I've thought some more. I've read your patch, and it's OK to me if you add documentation for the new option. Still, I think it would really be great to integrate it with my patch changing the ABI for passing compile-time options. To be completely honest, I am even more interested in merging these patches that I will have intermitent (unreliable) internet access during the next few days, and then will be offline for a week in the beautiful but desert coutryside of Ardèche (returning July 27th).

Thus, I've merged the two patches together and written a basic ChangeLog (feel free to edit it). If you are OK with my part of the patch, and let 48 hours for others (including Janne) to comment, then I think we (and by this "we", I really mean "you" ;-) can safely commit the patch, provided you write the little piece of missing documentation.

Of course, if you feel that the task I'm imposing upon you is too much of a burden, please feel free to commit your patch by itself and let me worry later about the ABI change.

Cheers,
FX