Testsuite results... where do we stand?

Hi all,

This is a quick summary of how gfortran currently fares on our own testsuite for different targets. Once again, we might need some help from people who actually have access to different targets, but I thought it would be a good thing to summarize our known testsuite failures here...

* gfortran.dg/c_kind_params.f90 fails on many targets: powerpc64- linux (with -m32), powerpc-ibm-aix, hppa-hpux and sparc-sun-solaris. Christopher, are you investigating this one?

* gfortran.fortran-torture/compile/pr32417.f90 is failing at -O1 on many targets: powerpc64-linux (with -m32), powerpc-ibm-aix, hppa- hpux, hppa-linux, i686-linux, sparc-solaris, s390-linux, i386- freebsd. Andrew Pinski attributed this to be the same as PR32527; could someone who has access to any of these (which include i686- linux!) obtain a backtrace and confirm that it is indeed the same bug?

* on ia64-linux, gfortran.dg/array_constructor_6.f90 and gfortran.dg/auto_array_1.f90 fail with "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer - funroll-loops". Andreas or H.J., could you please file a PR with the exact error and a backtrace? The fact that it occurs only at high optimization means it's probably either an optimizer problem or a wrong alignment in the code emitted by the front-end...

* gfortran.dg/integer_exponentiation_4.f90 fails on ppc-aix and gfortran.dg/integer_exponentiation_2.f90 fails on hppa-hpux; since I wrote these testcases and the front-end code for that, I'll try to give it a look (I think I have access to a ppc-aix computer somewhere)

* on i386-freebsd, gfortran.dg/stat_1.f90 and gfortran.dg/ stat_2.f90 fail; Steve (Kargl), as our resident FreeBSD expert (your felt that coming, didn't you?!), would you mind looking into it when (and if) you have time?

* on ppc-darwin, we still have gfortran.dg/large_real_kind_2.F90 and gfortran.dg/large_real_kind_form_io_2.f90 failing, but now gfortran.dg/edit_real_1.f90 also fails; could someone tell if it's the same failure? (Dominique, maybe?)

Well, I think I've annoyed enough people today, so that's all folks!

FX

PS: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/intrinsic_nearest.f90 fails on ppc-aix, but it has done so for a long time (I think it's the nextafter() system function that doesn't work well there, I remember looking into it some years ago); maybe I'll xfail it there.