[gfortran,patch] Improve handling of character SELECT

The patch attached is a partial rewrite of the translation of SELECT for character types. Currently, we generate a blocks of code for each case, along with a label and a list of the cases; a library function is called and it returns the address of the label that we will jump to. This use of jumps (GOTO_EXPR) is apparently hard on the middle- end (probably causing missed-optimizations, and at least preventing it to correctly understand what variables are initialized: see PR 32035). Andrew Pinski suggested that we can use a SWITCH_EXPR instead (thanks Andrew for the analysis!). This is what my patch does, by assiging an integer value to each case, making the library function return an integer value and using a switch to select the appropriate code block to execute.

Bootstrapped and regtested on x86_64-linux, OK for mainline?

:ADDPATCH fortran: