Re: [patch, fortran] fixes for functions

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 14:28:23 Tobias Burnus wrote:
> > 2007-07-09  Daniel Franke  <franke.daniel@gmail.com>
> >
> >	* decl.c (gfc_match_suffix): Removed surplus general error that hides
> >	a more specific message.
> >	* resolve.c (resolve_fl_variable): Reject illegal initializiers only
> >	if not already done.
> >	(resolve_fl_procedure): Added check for initializers of functions.
> >
> > Regression tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
>
> This patch fails for me when used with statement functions:
>
>       Z2(x) = x*(Alft-x)/Vg - x*(x-Alfb)/Vf
>        1
> Error: Function 'z2' at (1) cannot have an inital value
>
> Actually, I also get tons of errors from the test suite for the same
> reason.

You are right. I thought I ran bootstrap and check over night and took the
results on my screen for the most actual ones. Unfortunately, the results
shown were outdated. As mistakes accumulate lately, I take this as a hint
that I spent to much time working, not only on gfortran but in general. If
someone wants to pick up this patchlet, be my guest -- I'll take a few days
off for recreation ...

Regards
	Daniel