Re: [gfortran,patch] Pass command-line options to libgfortran in a more ABI-stable manner

On 7/10/07, FX Coudert <fxcoudert@gmail.com> wrote:
(I keep
the old function around, so that we don't break ABI for such a little
reorganization)

IMHO, don't bother. We have already bumped the so version from 4.2 -> 4.3. The less baggage to carry around the better. After 4.3 is released with symbol versioning we have to be more careful and try to not break the ABI, but until then I very much like ABI cleanup patches.

I won't have time tonight, but I'll try to look at the patch itself
tomorrow evening unless somebody else gets there first.

--
Janne Blomqvist