Re: [fortran patch] Don't use TREE_LISTs for storing arguments to intrinsic functions

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:16:02PM +0100, Lee Millward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've attached an updated version of the patch which fixes the 3 PRs
> opened against it in my absense. It passes bootstrap and regression
> testing but as shown with the last patch, this doesn't necessarily
> indicate that the patch is correct.
>
> In an attempt to minimise the potential of any further breakage, I've
> ran the patched compiler through the Polyhedron 2k5 benchmarks and the
> "all.f90" file from CP2K meta-bug PR29975 - all completed successfully
> although the CP2K code did trigger an different ICE that has now been
> fixed and a reduced testcase included for it.
>
> If anyone has any other benchmarks or tests they think would be
> suitable for this sort of patch then I'd be glad to make use of them
> before this gets approved/committed. Needless to say I'll be
> monitoring Bugzilla for a while after the patch gets committed to
> watch out for any new problems caused by the patch.
>
> Ok to apply?

When I was doing the infrastructure work to remove the knowledge that arguments
used TREE_LIST's in the backends, I noticed the overloaded machine specific
intrinsic support for C/C++ was another place to be changed.  I was just about
to start hacking on the front ends to get them to use a common infrastructure
for arguments and use vector support.  You might glance over to my patches to
see if the infrastructure support in tree.h is sufficient to your needs:

Michael Meissner, AMD
90 Central Street, MS 83-29, Boxborough, MA, 01719, USA
michael.meissner@amd.com